1. Internet Access: This is NOT a stand-alone application. It is a web-based service which requires an internet connection whether thru a land-line (DSL or cable) or wireless.
2. Web Browsers: We test for compatibility against Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.
- We do use and require browser "cookies". The best solution is to enable this site as a trusted site, so that cookies and pop-windows are allowed.
- Some anti-virus software may cause problems or inhibit some features by blocking pop-ups.
2. A "Windows" based computer is required for tournament desk operations on the computer that will print "full" scoresheets.
- For printing scoresheets, a windows application is installed to poll the internet for pending scoresheets from any computers at this venue.
- Multiple computers may be used for player check-in and score entry, but they do not require their own printers for printing scoresheets. All scoresheets from all computers for the venue are printed on the single printer.
- For non-windows situations or where you cannot install the scoresheet spooler, an option is available at the desk to print mini-scoresheets with match information and places for the results. These could be printed on the back of pre-printed scoresheets for identification and result entry.
- The printer is your choice whether laser, dor matrix, or color.
- "Large Format" printers are now available at reasonable costs for printing on paper larger than 8 1/2 x 11.
- Computer mouse: This system is designed to work with a mouse for selections. Other equivalient devices are sufficient, but the keyboard alone would be clumsy.
- Laptop computers: Either laptop computers and/or battery backup for tournament operations in case of power outages. Remember, if network hubs, printers, or other hardware is used, it must have battery backup since they do not have a battery. Beware of power consumption on some laser printers.
- Computer size: At least a 15 inch screen and equivalent keyboard. Although there are small notebook computers under $300, from experience, the keyboards and screens are too small.