Setup requires all the information you should have if you've created a registration form and flyer for the tournament.
Here's a list of the common items:
- Tournament Title
- Tournament Dates
- Hosting organization website
- Tournament Location (address, city)
- Contact Person (name, phone, email)
- Minimum entry age
- Liability waiver
- Registration dates (opening date, early registration date, final registration date, cancellation deadline)
- Registration fess (early fee, total fee)
- Does registration include anything free (t-shirt?)?
- Default skill level for players entering w/o
- Date used for calculating player's age (tournament date or last day of year)
- Events (which events, play dates, event fee, by skill or age group)
- How events are played (double elimination, round robin, drop-flight)
- Event Information
- General tournament paragraph
- Email confirmation message
- Cancellation policy
- Mailing address
For first time users, we recommend you work up a draft flyer and registration form with all the necessary info. By doing the flyer and form, you come up with the basic information for us to use to create the tournament. Given the two, we can usually setup the tournament for you and create a userid for access. We might also come up with some questions about things you may have missed on the forms.
With the initial setup, you can then sign-in, try things out, including online registration, and verify operation before going live for registrations. This is by far the quickest way to get started.