Last Revised: July 2, 2019
“User”, “you” and “your” refers to the person or entity accessing or using the Services, including those who simply visit and view the Site, as well as those who create an account or purchase goods or specific Services.
“We”, “us” and “our” refers to Pickleball Station, Inc., the owner and operator of PickleballTournaments.com.
“Personal Information” means any information that identifies, or could be used to identify, an individual person. Personal Information includes information such as an individual’s name, address, telephone number, or email address. Personal Information also includes information about an individual’s activities, such as information about his or her use of our Services, and demographic information, such as date of birth, gender, geographic area, and preferences, when any of this information is linked to personal information that identifies that individual. Personal Information does not include “aggregate” or other non-personally identifiable information. Aggregate information is information that we collect about a group or category of products, services, or users that does not identify any individual person or from which individual identities cannot be identified.
“Site” means the website operated by us located at pickleballtournaments.com.
“Services” means collectively, the Site and all services made available by us on or through the Site.
Collection Of Information
- Through the Services, we may request that you provide information such as your name, gender, address, email address, telephone number, contact information, birthdate, billing information and other Personal Information. We may also request that you upload documents which contain Personal Information. We may collect this information when you choose to create an account, email us, use a messaging functionality we provide through the Services, respond to a survey, fill out a web form, purchase goods or services, post a rating or review, post or answer a question, or otherwise submit information or materials to or through the Services.
- If you are a pickleball tournament player, and choose to create a player account with us, we will collect information about your tournament participation, including, but not limited to, your home club and home club location, the tournaments you attend, opponents, scores and results.
- We also collect certain information about your use of our Services automatically, such as what portions of the Services you access, what links you click on, searches you conduct, Site pages you view, and how long you stay on a page or portion of the Services. Additionally, we automatically collect certain information about the computer hardware and software you use when accessing or using the Services. This information includes, without limitation and as applicable, your IP address, device type, browser type, referral site, and the date and time of access. Certain of this information, including your IP address, constitutes Personal Information.
- We may also obtain information about you from third parties, regardless of whether you have chosen to use any product or service of the third party in connection with your use of our Services. For example, if you have authorized a third-party service provider to share information about you under certain circumstances, the third party may share your information with us under those circumstances.
- Providing our Services to you.
- Calculation of player ratings (e.g., USA Pickleball Tournament Player Ratings)
- Creating or updating an account.
- Facilitation or processing of payments.
- Responding to communications you send to us.
- Providing customer service to you.
- Remembering you when you revisit our Services.
- Improving the experience of using the Services.
- Sending you alerts, newsletters or other information.
- Informing you about our products and Services or products and services of our affiliates, partners or other third parties.
- Creating, monitoring and improving marketing campaigns.
- Providing targeted advertising to you, either directly, or through third parties, in accordance with applicable law and any authorizations you have provided to us.
- Updating, modifying, and analyzing our records.
- Delivering communications between you and another user of the Services.
- To conduct questionnaires, polls, surveys, contests, sweepstakes or promotional events.
- Preventing or detecting fraud, spam, illegal or unauthorized use of the Services
- Any other purposes you have authorized.
- With respect to information other than Personal Information, for any purpose except where prohibited by applicable law.
Disclosure Of Information To Third Parties
- We do not sell your information to third parties or provide it to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes without your consent. However, we may disclose your information to third parties as described below in this section.
- We may disclose your information to third parties if you have authorized such disclosure. For example, if you inform us that you wish to receive information about the products or services of third parties, we may provide your contact information to third parties (e.g., tournament operators) for the purpose of contacting you.
- Some of our Services may support integrations with third-party products and services. If you elect to enable a third-party integration, you may be allowing the third party to access Personal Information that we have about you. You should carefully review the privacy policies of third parties whose products or services you elect to integrate with.
- We may disclose your information, including Personal Information, if legally required to do so, if requested to do so by a governmental entity, or if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary or prudent to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect our legal rights or property; (c) prevent a crime or other illegal activity; or (d) protect the personal safety of any person.
- We may disclose and transfer your information to a third party who acquires all or a substantial portion of our business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In addition, in the event we become the subject of a bankruptcy proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, we or our trustee in bankruptcy may sell, license, or otherwise dispose of such information in a transaction approved by the bankruptcy court. If any such event occurs, we will display a prominent notice on our website or notify you via email.
- If you are a pickleball tournament player, and have created a player account with us, information about your tournament participation may be shared with the USA Pickleball Association (USAPA) and/or other pickleball organizations, and may also be used to calculate your USA Pickleball player rating and/or other player ratings. Tournament participation information is also made publicly available through the Site.
- We may share aggregated anonymous information with third parties for any purpose permitted under applicable law.
Retention and Protection of Information.
- We have implemented reasonable, industry-standard physical, electronic, and procedural security measures intended to secure your information from accidental loss and from unlawful or unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls. HOWEVER, THE TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION VIA THE INTERNET IS NOT COMPLETELY SECURE, AND WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ABSOLUTE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICES.
- Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts are used by us and our third-party service providers. These technologies are used for the purposes of identifying you when you visit the Site, for analyzing trends, administering our Services, tracking user movements around the Site, tracking responses to email communications, and gathering demographic information about our user base in the aggregate. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by third-party services providers on an individual and aggregated basis.
- You may have the ability to accept, decline and/or delete our and/or third-party cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies by default but allow you to adjust your browser setting to decline all or some cookies if you prefer. Additionally, you may be able to adjust your browser settings to notify you each time a cookie is tendered and permit you to accept or decline cookies on an individual basis. Please note, however, that if you choose to decline cookies, doing so may hinder performance and negatively impact your user experience. We advise you to close your browser completely after you have finished accessing our Service with your browser.
- Do Not Track Signals. “Do Not Track” (DNT) is a preference you can set in most web browsers to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. We do not support DNT signals at this time.
- Third Parties. Our sites may contain links to third party websites or services over which we have no control. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other websites or services to which you choose to link from our Services. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other websites or services so you can understand how they collect, use, and share your information.
- Your California Privacy Rights. Pursuant to California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide personal information (as defined in the statute) to obtain products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us, once per calendar year, information about the personal information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their direct marketing purposes. If applicable, this information would include the categories of personal information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared such personal information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in the current year will receive information about the prior year). To obtain this information please contact us at email@example.com.
- Children’s Privacy. We respect the privacy of children and we are committed to complying with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under the age of 13 without prior parental consent, except as permitted by COPPA. If you believe we have collected personal information about your child, or have questions concerning our information practices with respect to children, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Using the Services from Outside the United States. We are located in the United States and the servers used to host the Site are located in the United States. All information that you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of the Services may be processed in and transferred to the United States and is subject to applicable United States law. By using our Services, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage and processing of your information, including Personal Information, to and in the United States.
Pickleball Station, Inc.
22380 68th Ave S.
Kent, WA 98032