- Find Player
- Player List
- Competition Events
- Event Player List
- Cancellation Policy
WARNING: SOME EVENTS ARE FULL. Click "Competition Events" for more information.
- Open: 08/01/19
- Closed: 09/30/19
- Starts: 11/01/19
- Ends: 11/10/19
- Cancellation Deadline: 09/01/19
Indian Wells Tennis Garden
78-200 Miles Ave
Indian Wells, CA 92210
- Player's age as of: 12/31/19
- Minimum Age of Player: 8
- Final Registration Deadline (Registered by): 09/30/19
- Membership required as of: 11/11/19
- Tournament Sanctioning: Nationals
- Registration - $130.00
- Junior Registration, Ages: 8-18 - $35.00
- When registering online, online waiver signature is used.
- Online payment via PayPal is available. PayPal also allows credit card payments.
- Primary Ball: Onix Dura Fast 40 - Yellow
2019 Margaritaville USA Pickleball National Championships
November 1 - 10, 2019
Indian Wells Tennis Garden
Indian Wells, CA
Ball: DuraFast 40
Pro, Senior Pro 50+ and Senior Pro 65+
*Skill Groups: 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5 and 5.0
Age Groups: Under 35, 35-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69,70-74,75-79, and 80+
Click the Competition Events button below for more details
Entrants must be a USAPA Member
To join or renew membership in USAPA go to:
Entrants must have qualified to play in the Nationals through a USAPA Regional or designated Tier 2 or 3 tournament.
Online registration only. No paper forms will be accepted.
NEW THIS YEAR
No need to run to your pc, tablet or phone to register and hope you can type faster than everyone else. For 2019 we will be making a change to the registration process as outlined below;
- Pre-registration for those that qualify will open on July 15. Those players will receive a letter inviting them to register starting July 15, 2019 with general registration opening on August 1, 2019.
- General registration will open on August 1, 2019 at mid-night PDT. When general registration opens players will be allowed, for a one week period, to register at a time that is convenient for you with no priority given by timestamp of when you registered. On August 8th a random lottery draw will take place to determine who gets spots in events for the remaining spots left after pre-registration. Players will be notified if they got a spot by August 22nd.
- When a player’s name is drawn, they and their partner will be entered in that event. Each event will go through the lottery selection.
- Once all spots are filled those players that did not get drawn from the lottery will be placed on a wait list in order by which they are drawn.
- Anyone registering after August 7, 2019 will be placed on the wait list after those from the lottery.
We hope this method of registration will prove to relieve the anxiety of having to have the fastest network or typing fingers to get a spot. We feel this process will give all an equal chance to get into all available events.
Also new this year - photo required for credential. To avoid delay at check in, you can submit your photo prior to arriving.
Email a passport style photo (plain background, full face headshot only) in jpg format to credentials@desertchampions.
Please make sure your photo shows your full face and there are no hats, sunglasses, busy backgrounds, etc in the photo. Do not send photos of your passport or drivers’ license as they are not usable in our program.
If you are unable to send a photo ahead of time, we will take your photo when you arrive onsite. Please allow additional time for this when checking in.
Other Registration Info
Thank you for registering for the 2019 Margaritaville USA National Pickleball Championships!!
Events Already Posted Policy
Events posted may be combined prior to the event starting at the discretion of the tournament director if that events minimum number of players is not met due to injury or withdrawal.
New This Year:
New this year, your participation in the event gives you access to the venue and the Championship Court every day. Visit the official event website to purchase premium seats, VIP guest experience, parking passes, and tickets for your family and friends.
Get Your Credential
Avoid delay at check-in and submit your headshot photo prior to arriving. Email a passport style photo (plain background, full face headshot only) in jpg format to email@example.com and include “Pickleball Credential” in the subject line. Please make sure your photo shows your full face and there are no hats, sunglasses, busy backgrounds, etc in the photo. Do not send photos of your passport or drivers’ license as they are not usable in our program.
· Upgrade Your Experience With A VIP Package – Experience the event in-style with a VIP parking pass, snacks & drinks on-site, access to the new Margaritaville Lounge, and VIP seating at the Championship Court. Get package.
· Get Championship Court Tickets & Parking Pass - New this year, your participation in the event gives you access to the venue and the Championship Court every day. Don’t forget to get extra tickets for your family and friends. Get ticket & parking.
· Get Ready To Party – Arrive early and attend our Kick-Off Party on Friday November 1 at 5p. Meet and mingle with all your Pickleball enthusiasts, watch the Media/Pro challenge on center court, enjoy music, food, prizes, rec play and more. See you there! RSVP on Facebook (link to come)
· Looking For A Place To Stay? Check out the multiple options for hotels and local RV resorts on the official event website. See accommodation options.
Registrations are considered complete when all fees have been paid, the waiver signed, and partners with complete registrations have been named for all doubles events. A complete registration determines a player's registration date should an event exceed the capacity of the venue and registrations must be prioritized to determine which players will compete in the event.
Player's names will appear in the alphabetic list of players if they have registered and didn't pay. However, a player cannot be confirmed into the tournament until paid. A players request for a partner will automatically appear on PickleballTournaments.com in the Needs Partner list.
Withdrawals: Registration and event fees will be refunded, to those in events, less a $25 processing fee if the withdrawal is completed by September 1, 2019. Wait listed ONLY players will not be charged a processing fee and may remain on the wait list throughout the duration of the tournament.
No refunds for any reason after September 1, 2019.
Refunds will be issued after registration closes for those players who have a credit balance. Refunds will be processed as a credit to the original form of payment where possible. Checks will only be issued when electronic forms of payment are not available (ie. closed accounts or other reasons precluding an electronic transaction). Refunds will be processed, after the tournament has ended, by November 30, 2019, for players who did not get off of the wait list.
There will be no refunds for events that are cancelled due to inclement weather.
Email requests for refunds should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Format: Double Elimination
Ball: DuraFast 40
The Pro/Senior Pro 50+ Events are for 5.0+ rated players. The player must have an official USAPA/IFP UTPR Rating of 5.0 or higher at the time of registration to participate in any Pro event at Nationals. Any event that does not reach capacity by 8/15/19 will be opened to 4.5 players.
For 2019 we will be adding a Senior Pro 65+ division. This is on a trial basis and limited to 16 teams with no prize money to be awarded. Open to 4.5+ rated players who are 65 years of age or older. 5. 0 UTPR rated players will take priority over 4.5 players, so if there are 16 5.0's that enter the 4.5's would be wait listed.
Bracket Format as follows:
- 1, 2 or 3 teams will be combined to provide the most competitive competition
- 4 – 5 teams, Round Robin
- 6 teams or more, Double Elimination
USAPA ratings are earned by playing in USAPA/IFP Sanctioned tournaments as well as nonsanctioned tournaments. Players interested in playing in the National Championships Pro Events should check the ratings page on USAPA.org to determine if they have a rating. Unrated players must play in a designated Tier 2 or Tier 3 USAPA Sanctioned tournament between 7/15/18 -7/15/19. We will be using the new rating system for this year’s event. The player must have an official USAPA/IFP UTPR Rating of 5.0 or higher at the time of registration to participate in any open category at Nationals. Any event that does not reach capacity by 8/15/19 will be opened up to 4.5 players
Registration/Desk Operations Director:
Anne Reynolds - email@example.com
Kyle Klein - firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen Parrish - email@example.com
David Jordan - firstname.lastname@example.org
Tickets Box Office, Main Line 800.999.1585 Option 2, (email@example.com)