- Find Player
- Player List
- Competition Events
- Event Player List
- Cancellation Policy
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Pickleball Desk - Referee & Volunteer Sign Up
- How to Prepare for Text Messaging Court Assignments
- RAIN DELAY INFORMATION
- Volunteer Information
WARNING: SOME EVENTS ARE FULL. Click "Competition Events" for more information.
- Open: 02/14/22
- Closed: 04/11/22
- Starts: 06/06/22
- Ends: 06/12/22
- Cancellation Deadline: 05/06/22
Monument Valley Park
220 Mesa Rd
Colorado Springs, CO 80905
- Player's age as of: 12/31/22
- Minimum Age of Player: 8
- Early Registration Deadline (Registered by): 02/13/22
- Final Registration Deadline (Registered by): 04/11/22
- Membership required as of: 06/13/22
- Tournament Sanctioning: Sanctioned - MMP
- Minimum Registration fee: $80.00
- Registration + Ref - $80.00
- Early Registration for GPR Ambassadors - Deadline: 02/13/22 - $80.00
- Early Registration for 2021 Medal Winners - Deadline: 02/13/22 - $80.00
- Juniors Discount, Ages: 8-12,13-14,15-18 - $40.00
- Ambassador Discount - $20.00
- When registering online, online waiver signature is used.
- Online payment via PayPal is available. PayPal also allows credit card payments.
- Primary Ball: Franklin X-Performance 40
- Surface: Concrete
- Net: Permanent
- Outdoor: Y
Regional Championships are now Qualifiers for the NEW Diamond Amateur Championship. Gold and Silver Medalists from the Regional Tournaments will earn pre-registration into the Diamond Amateur Championship. Gold, Silver and Bronze Medalists from Regional Tournaments will be entered into the lottery for the 2022 National Championships in Indian Wells. Gold Medalists from the Diamond Amateur Championship will earn pre-registration (Golden Tickets) to the following year’s National Championships in Indian Wells. MMP Sanctioned Tournament with the goal to have as many matches refereed as possible.
Event Player List
2022 USA Pickleball Great Plains Regional Championship - Qualifier for Diamond Amateur Championship
Monument Valley Park (ONLY)
220 Mesa Rd
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Although this tournament is MMP Sanctioned (Medal Match Plus), we intend to referee every match possible.
Our goal is to ref all matches assuming that we have enough referees however we reserve the right to make necessary adjusts to the types of matches to be referred.
We are revising our Referee pay scale as follows:
$15 for Certified Refs
$10 for Level 2's.
$7 for Level 1's
$5 for unrated refs
All medal matches will be done by CR's or Level 2’s
Sign up for referee or event volunteering at:
We will NOT be using a secondary site with temporary nets for the 2022 Great Plains Diamond Regional Championships.
Must have USA Pickleball membership (valid through June 12, 2022) BEFORE you can register for the tournament
Click Here to Renew USA Pickleball Membership
During Registratoin, players listed in events
MUST PAY ALL THEIR FEES & SIGN THE WAIVER AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION
to remain eligible for the event.
Players or teams with unpaid registration/event fees will be moved to the wait list.
During Registration, players with wait list only events
MUST PAY THEIR REGISTRATION FEE & SIGN THE WAIVER
to be considered eligible for movement off the wait list.
Make sure to read the Cancellation Policy page for cancellation and refund policies.
Your UTPR skill rating at registration will determine bracket throughout the tournament
Players with a 5.5 or 6.0 UTPR skill rating in any event as of 1/1/2022 are NOT eligible for this tournament
3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0
65+, 70+, 75+, 80+, 85+ doubles brackets will be played on Mon, Tues and Wed (Age/Skill)
19+,35+, 50+, 55+, 60+ singles events will be played on Thurs. (Skill/Age)
65+, 70+ 75+, 80+, 85+ singles events will be played on Thurs. (Age/Skill)
19+, 35+, 50+, 55+,60+ doubles events will be played on Fri, Sat and Sun (Skill/Age)
Junior events will be played Fri, Sat and Sun
All 65+ and up divisions are first formed by Age and if a bracket is combined would be by skill. Example: 65+ 3.0 & 3.5, 65+ 4.0, 65+ 4.5 & 5.0
Brackets may be combined, at our discretion. Medals will be awarded in individual brackets, if combined.
Partner Change Policy
- Any registered player losing a partner must replace that partner with an already registered player.
- The replacement must be able to play in the same skill/age or age/skill group that you are scheduled to play. Please note that when looking for a replacement, players may play down in age and up in skill.
- Replacements need to be known and communicated to
- Any request for replacements coming in after 3 pm the day before you are scheduled to play will be reviewed for approval.
- Replacements can be found on the players needing partners list, on the main welcome page of this tournament.
So much to see and do in Colorado Springs from Garden of the Gods to Pikes Peak - America's Mountain, the Olympic Museum and the accessibilty to wilderness areas an short drive away.
www.visitcos.com, www.coloradospsrings.gov/olympic-city-usa and www.flycos.com.
Lodging / Accommodations
The USA Pickleball Great Plains Diamond Regional is proud to announce our partnership with SPORTS TOURNAMENT CONCIERGE to be the exclusive hotel & travel coordinator for our traveling players.
SPORTS TOURNAMENT CONCIERGE offers teams and fans hotel accommodations close to the tournament and can also assist with transportation requests (rental cars, passenger vans)
Email: Lodging and Transportation - Sports Tournament Concierge email@example.com
Other Registration Info
Registration +Ref fee= $80.00
Event Fee $15 per event
Ambassador Discount - $20
Junior Discount, Ages: 8-12,13-14,15-18 =$40 (no event fee)
Registration includes: Swag Bag if registered by: 05/15/22
2022 Regional Championships
There are several important changes being implemented by USA Pickleball in 2022, including;
- The 12 Regional Championships will culminate in the new Diamond Amateur Championship taking place December 5th - 11th at Pictona in Holly Hill, Florida. Gold Medalists from the 2022 Diamond Amateur Championship will earn pre-registration opportunities (Golden Tickets) to the following year’s 2023 National Championships in Indian Wells.
- Gold and Silver Medalists from the Regional tournaments will earn pre-registration opportunities to the Diamond Amateur Championship at Pictona. All other participants from the Regional Championships will be eligible for the lottery into the Diamond Amateur Championship.
- Gold, Silver and Bronze Medalists from Regional Championships will be eligible for the lottery into the 2022 National Championships in Indian Wells.
- There will be no pre-registration opportunities (Golden Tickets) from any 2022 Regional Championship to the 2022 National Championships in Indian Wells.
Looking ahead to the 2023 season, the following qualifying procedures for the National Championships in Indian Wells will be added:
- Gold Medalists from the 2022 Diamond Amateur Championship at Pictona will receive pre-registration opportunities (Golden Tickets) to the 2023 National Championships in Indian Wells.
- Silver and Bronze Medalists from the 2022 Diamond Amateur Championship at Pictona will be eligible for Phase 1 of the 2023 National Championships lottery. If openings remain after Phase 1, all Medalists from the 2023 Regional tournaments will be eligible for Phase 2 of the National Championships lottery.
May 6, 2022
No Refunds requests will be accepted after May 6, 2022
All refunds will be processed after June 14, 2022(completion of tournament)
All refunds will be processed prior to June 21, 2022
*** Medical Exceptions - Must be requested by emailed to the Tournament Director for consideration
Inclement Weather Policy
- No refunds or credits if the tournament is impacted by weather
- This is an outdoor tournament.
- No indoor facility is planned for a backup.
- Delay will be signified by PA system. Competition will be postponed if a wet playing surface makes it slippery and unsafe. If possible, we will wait for the surface to dry and resume play. In case of rain: After 60 minutes of stoppage, a decision will be made to whether to continue or cancel events. If events are continued, players will have 30 to return to the courts to restart games once a restart has been announced. In case of lightning: play will be suspended until 30 minutes after the last strike within 8 miles of the courts.
Monument Valley Park. 220 Mesa Rd. Colorado Springs, CO
I-25, exit 143 East, onto W Unitah St, right onto Glen Ave, follow road around pond to parking lot. There is an overflow lot at the North end of Glen Ave across from the pond and added parking on Cache La Poudre St.
PARKING IS LIMITED HOWEVER THE CITY HAS ADDED ADDITIONAL PARKING ON CACHE LA POUDRE ST. WE ENCOURAGE CARPOOLING. DO NOT PARK IN NO PARKING SPOTS OR YOU WILL BE TICKETED.
DO NOT BLOCK THE OPENING TO THE RAILROAD MAINTANENCE ACCESS AJDACENT TO THE MVP PARKING AREA OR YOU WILL BE TOWED BY BNSF.
Team Events & Singles Events
Double Elimination Brackets (6 or more teams)
Winners bracket – 2 out of 3 to 11, win by 2.
Losers bracket – 1 to 15, win by 2
Bronze medal matches – 1-15, win by 2.
Gold medal matches – 2 out of 3 to 11, win by 2. If the losers bracket wins 2 out of 3 to 11, then another match will be played 1-15, win by 2 tiebreaker game will be played to determine the winner.
Round Robin Brackets (4 Minimum Teams)
4 and 5 teams or players will play a single round robin, 2 out of 3 to 11, win by 2.
Brackets with Fewer than 4 teams
Fewer than 4 teams/players will be moved into a combined bracket. The number of teams or players will determine the format of play.
Skill/Age events vs AGE/Skill events
Remember events are either skill/age or age/skill.
Skill/age - If a bracket does not meet the minimum of 4 players/teams then it would be combined by skill set first then age (Example - 3.5: 19+, 35+ and 50+)
Age/Skill -If a bracket does not meet the minimum of 4 players/teams then it would be combined by AGE first then skill (Example - 65+: 3.0/3.5 as a bracket).
Since our tournament will be sanctioned, the Round Robin results must be determined following the USA Pickleball Rulebook:
12.C.3. Round Robin. All players or teams play each other. Games may use any of the approved tournament scoring options. (See Rule 12.B.) The winner is determined based on number of matches won. If two or more teams are tied:
12.C.3.a. First tie-breaker: head-to-head matches won.
12.C.3.b. Second tie-breaker: point differential of all games played. (e.g., Team A won Match 1 11-8, 11-4, so they would have a point differential of +10. Team A then wins the second match 11-9, 2-11, 11-6. For this round, they would have a point differential of -2. This would give them a total for the day of +8.)
12.C.3.c. Third tie-breaker: head-to-head point differential.
12.C.3.d. Fourth tie-breaker: point differential against next-highest team. (e.g., If the teams are tied for second, use point differentials against the first-place team.)
Registration Coordinator - Robin Weaver at firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL PLAYER COMMUNICATIONS GO TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS TO BE ANSWERED any other email address used will only delay your reply to the question.
Tournament Director - Peggine Tellez, email@example.com
Asst. Event Director - Jose Reveteriano, firstname.lastname@example.org
Referee Coordination - Tim Kuss, email@example.com
Head Referee - Byron Brothers