The APP Tour is proud to announce our partnership with SPORTS TOURNAMENT CONCIERGE to be the exclusive hotel & travel coordinator for our traveling athletes and fans. STC offers discounted, safe and family-friendly hotel accommodations options close to the tournament/event as well as assists with transportation requests (team vans, car rentals or airport transfers)
Booking your room is easy!
- Find Player
- Player List
- Competition Events
- Event Player List
- Cancellation Policy
- Parking & Site Map
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Pickleball Desk - Referee Sign Up & Volunteer
- Take the Legacy Virtual Tour
- Bell Park/Legacy Sports REDUCED PARK PASS FOR JANUARY
- Clinics Monday 1/17 with APP Academy
- Registration & Weather Insurance Policy
- CRITICAL INFORMATION - Player Information to Review Prior to Arrival
- 2022 Referee & Rules Player Instructions
WARNING: SOME EVENTS ARE FULL. Click "Competition Events" for more information.
- Open: 09/22/21
- Closed: 01/04/22
- Starts: 01/13/22
- Ends: 01/16/22
- Cancellation Deadline: 12/13/21
Bell Bank Park - Legacy Sports Park - Pickleball Courts
1 Legacy Drive
Mesa, AZ 85212
- Player's age as of: 12/31/22
- Minimum Age of Player: 10
- Final Registration Deadline: 01/04/22
- Membership required as of: 01/17/22
- Tournament Sanctioning: Sanctioned - MMP
- Registration - MMP Tournament with goal to referee as many matches as possible, Ages: 10+ - $85.00
- Legacy Pickleball Club Discount - $15.00
- Registration includes: Free Shirt if registered by: 12/31/21
- Registration includes: Swag Bag & APP Tournament Brochure if registered by: 01/04/22
- When registering online, online waiver signature is used.
- Online payment via PayPal is available. PayPal also allows credit card payments.
- Primary Ball: Onix Dura Fast 40
- Surface: Concrete
- Net: Permanent
- Outdoor: Y
- Prize Money: 75000
Tier 1 APP Tour Event - Sunday APP Medal Match Day for Pro Events - USA Pickleball sanctioned tournament MMP with the goal to have as many matches refereed as possible.
Event Player List
Lodging / Accommodations
Other Registration Info
***ALERT***DO NOT IGNORE THE FOLLOWING***
If you click ‘Return and Sign Out’, before you pay, then you will not be registered!
YOUR REGISTRATION IN AN EVENT (OR A WAIT LIST EVENT) DOES NOT CONSTITUTE BEING INCLUDED IN THE TOURNAMENT IF YOU AND YOUR PARTNER DO NOT PAY AT THE END OF THE REGISTRATION PROCESS.
PLEASE MAKE NOTE OF THIS REQUIREMENT ** YOU ARE NOT REGISTERED IN THE TOURNAMENT IF YOU AND YOUR PARTNER HAVE NOT PAID AND RECEIVED A CONFIRMATION EMAIL FROM PICKLEBALLTOURNAMENTS.COM
Registration is not complete until you receive an email back from Pickleballtournaments.com indicating that you have met the prior six APP tournaments for Pros
or the required three APP tournaments for Senior Pros. Do not make travel arrangements prior to receiving this email confirmation.
Pro Player and Senior Pro Policies:
This is a Tier 1 Tournament so PLEASE READ THE RULES CLOSELY:
Playing in Pro Brackets:
- The Pros - For the Mesa Open you must have played in 6 APP tournaments between Sept. 22, 2020 through the opening of registration on Sept. 22, 2021.
The Senior Pros - For the Mesa Open you must have played in 3 APP tournaments between Sept. 22, 2020 through the opening of registration on Sept. 22, 2021.Ken announced November 15, 2021 the partnership with the Senior Pro Circuit and they will no longer need to satisfy the requirement to play in 3 APP Tournaments.
If you have not played in the required APP tournaments you may apply for a Wild Card. Or you may play in additional tournaments in 2021, Hilton Head Open, Casa Grande Open or the World Pickleball Open tournaments to meet the required tournaments for registration. Once you have the required tournaments you will be allowed to register.
- will be provided for 6 Male Pros, 6 Female Pros,
6 Senior Male Pros and 6 Senior Female Prosfor this tournament.
- the pros and
senior prossend request for a wildcard into APP Wildcard Committee.
- The email address to submit request firstname.lastname@example.org
- 500 words or less why you deserve one of the wildcards
- Place either Senior Pro Wild Card or Pro Wild Card in the subject line
- wildcards can be revoked for not registering and paying your fees
- wildcards can be revoked for your partner failing to meet the minimum tournament requirement/not receiving a wildcard/not registering/unpaid tournament fees
SUNDAY'S APP MEDAL MATCH DAY
- Amateur & Senior Pro matches will be played through Gold on the day scheduled
- Thursday Pro Singles, Friday Pro Mixed and Saturday Pro Gender doubles bronze & gold matches will be played on Sunday - see the Format tab for schedule.
Players must have a minimum skill of 5.0 to play in pro events. This means the players partner as well. In other words both players must be 5.0. Priority is given to 5.0 and above players for pro events. Players that do not have a 5.0 or above rating will only be able to play pro if there is capacity. If there is no capacity, you will be moved to an appropriate skill event if there is still availability. Ensure you want to take this risk before signing up for a pro event.
Pro Player and Partner Replacement Policy Before Registration Closes:
Players may add a partner or replace a partner at any time prior to registration closing. If the division is closed due to capacity of entries being reached during the open registration dates, the player or team would be put on a wait list.
Pro Player and Partner Replacment Policy After Registration Closes:
Players must have partners and be paid when registrations closes to be considered as a player and team in the tournament. The tournament will not take any new entries for a player replacement or new team entries after registrations have closed. If a team is registered and paid by the registration deadline then a player may replace a partner due to injury, illness, death or any emergency as long as that replacement is already registered in the tournament and is identified by 4pm the day before the draw is to be played. The only time a new registrant would be allowed is if there wasn't an eligible replacement already registered in to the tournament. Changes to pro draws can have significant changes to seedings when a partner is replaced, which is why there is a deadline of 4pm the day before the draw plays as time is required to make the seeding adjustments before the draws are published.
Pro Player or Pro Team Withdrawals Before Registration Closes:
If a pro player or pro team withdraws before registration closes new entries would be taken if there isn't a wait list to be in the draw. If there is a wait list new entries onto the wait list would be taken. If there is a wait list then the next team on the wait list would be pulled in to the draw. There will be no new registrations or entries in to the tournament once registrations have closed.
Pro Player or Pro Team Withdrawal After Registration Closes:
Once registration has closed there will not be any new registrations in to pro events. All players must have partners and be paid when registrations closes or their entry will be withdrawn. No exceptions. If there is a wait list for pro singles we would pull from the pro singles wait list if there is a player that is lost in the draw. If there is an already registered player that would like to add singles due to a draw that would be allowed as well, but has to be added by 4pm the day before the draw is to be played. This is for singles only due to the large amount of drops in singles events. A player must be 5.0 UTPR or higher to play pro events. A 4.5 UTPR player may play pro if there is capacity in the draws. Players under 4.5 would not be eligible to play a pro event.
If playing a doubles or mixed doubles event and a team withdraws from a pro draw then the next team on the waitlist would be moved into the draw. If there is no wait list already registered players in the tournament, and not on the waitlist and not playing another event that day could be added to the pro doubles or mixed doubles draw if they meet the eligibility criteria as a pro player, ie 5.0 and above and 4.5 could enter if there was capacity. Skill level is determined by the USA Pickleball Tournament Player Rating (UTPR)
Note: if there aren't any teams on the waitlist and no eligible registrants wanting into the draw the withdrawal of the team would be made and the seedings adjusted accordingly as a result of the withdrawal
Code of Conduct:
Pro players will be held to the Pro Player Code of Conduct
Playing in Skill/Age Brackets:
- Players who are 5.5 or higher are NOT eligible to play in skill/age events.
- Players may only play in one event per day.
- Players over the age of 50 may play in both under and over 50 brackets provided both of the team members are not 60+.
Skill Player Partner Replacement Policy:
Any registered player losing a partner, after registrations have closed, must replace that partner with an already registered player. The replacement must be in the same skill/age group that you are scheduled to play. Players can play down in age and up in skill. Replacements need to be known and communicated to email@example.com by 4pm the day before you are scheduled to play. Replacements can be found on the players needing partners list, which can be found on pickleballtournaments.com.
Payment of replacement players:
If registration deadline hasn't passed the player withdrawing from the event would be refunded less $25 withdrawal fee and the player entering the event would need to pay.
If registration deadline has passed then the player withdrawing would not be refunded and would have to be reimbursed by the replacement player.
Events fill based on first come/first serve situation so some brackets may be large and others never fill. If an event doesn’t fill before we start a wait list then we give spots to the events that have a wait list.
Event fees for the APP - Mesa Open:
Registration is $85 (Tier 1) for Athlete Credential and for Sr. Pro / Pro Credential
Event Fee for Athlete is $35; Event Fee for Sr. Pro is $115; Event Fee for Pro is $125
Bell Bank Park - Facility Park Passes
Bell Bank Park has a facility park pass that must be purchased to enter the park. The following people will not be charged: Players on the day of play, volunteers, referees or vendors. All others must purchase a facility park pass.
12/30/21 ANNOUNCEMENT - JANUARY DAILY PARK PASS SPECIAL $5/DAY - purchase in advance
2 day $25
1 day $15
2 day $20
1 day $10
1 day $5
VIP Package is being formed to enhance your APP Tour experience at the Bell Bank Park - Legacy Sports - stay tuned for additional information mid-October
Withdrawals before December 13, 2021 will receive a refund minus a $25 cancellation fee.
CANCELLATION DEADLINE - December 13, 2021
December 30, 2021 - Registration Deadline extended to 1/4/2022 midnight to accomodate the Legacy Sports Grand Opening
No refunds or credits for any reason after the CANCELLATION DEADLINE ABOVE unless the Registration & Weather Insurance Policy has been purchased prior to the CANCELLATION DEADLINE ABOVE.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
APP events are outdoor events. If weather or any other unforeseen circumstance occurs the APP will do all it can to play matches. If brackets are in mid play when a weather or unforeseen circumstance occurs the situation will be evaluated on a case by case basis to determine if the bracket may be finished or if winners may be determined
REGISTRATION & WEATHER INSURANCE POLICY
If you withdraw before CANCELLATION DEADLINE ABOVE, you will be issued a refund minus $25 withdrawal fee without the need to purchase Registration Insurance.
During registration you may choose to purchase the Registration & Weather Insurance in the event you have to cancel out of the event after CANCELLATION DEADLINE ABOVE. See the policy for specific coverage details.
Bell Bank Park
Legacy Sports Complex - Pickleball Courts
1 Legacy Drive
Mesa, AZ 85212
JANUARY SPECIAL FOR PARK ENTRANCE $5 PARK PASS (REGULARLY $15/DAY)
Amateur & Pro Events (see new heading below)
- all players will have the ability to play for the Gold Medal match thru the consolation bracket.
- all players are guaranteed two ( 2 ) matches.
- all matches in the "Main Draw" will be 2 out of 3 games to 11; winning by 2 points; all matches in the "Consolation Draw" will be one game to 15 winning by 2 points. Medal rounds will be 2 out of 3 games to 11 win by 2.
- 4 or 5 team brackets will play a round robin format; 2 out of 3 games to 11, win by 2 points
- 3 or fewer teams will be combined brackets
- 5+ player brackets will play double elimination 2 out of 3 games to 11, win by 2 points.
- 4 player brackets will play a round robin format; 2 out of 3 games to 11, win by 2 points;
- 3 or fewer players will be combined brackets
- All Amateur & Senior Pro events will start and finish the same day
- Thursday Pro Singles, Friday Pro Mixed Doubles & Saturday Pro Gender Doubles Bronze & Gold matches will be played on Sunday
Schedule of Play Sunday APP Medal Match Day
8:00 am - Bronze Singles Women (Championship Court #1)
- Gold Singles Women to follow
8:00 am - Bronze Singles Men (Championship Court #2)
- Gold Singles Men to follow
- Featuring the Men's and Women's Senior Pro Singles matches for the remainder of the day
All the following will be featured on Championship Court #1 in order
- Women's Doubles Bronze
- Men's Doubles Bronze
- Women's Doubles Gold
- Men's Doubles Gold
- Mixed Doubles Bronze
- Mixed Doubles Gold
- 8:00 am - Bronze Singles Women (Championship Court #1)
Review the Frequently Asked Questions Page FIRST - your answer may already be available - click here
Registration Coordinator: Dee Davison - email: firstname.lastname@example.org