- Find Player
- Player List
- Competition Events
- Cancellation Policy
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Pickleball Desk - Referee and Volunteer Sign Up
- Registration & Weather Insurance Policy
- Purchase Spectator Tickets Online
- Attend the APP Awards Ceremony
- APP Academy Clinics
- 2022 USA Pickleball Rules
- Welcome Letter
WARNING: SOME EVENTS ARE FULL. Click "Competition Events" for more information.
- Open: 10/14/21
- Closed: 01/05/22
- Starts: 01/18/22
- Ends: 01/23/22
- Cancellation Deadline: 12/28/21
Patch Reef Tennis and Pickleball Center
2000 NW 51st St.
Boca Raton, FL 33431
- Player's age as of: 12/31/22
- Minimum Age of Player: 10
- Final Registration Deadline (Received by): 01/05/22
- Membership required as of: 01/24/22
- Tournament Sanctioning: National Qualifier
- Registration - $85.00
- Registration includes: Free Shirt if registered by: 01/05/22
- Registration includes: Swag Bag and APP Tournament Brochure if registered by: 01/05/22
- When registering online, online waiver signature is used.
- Online payment via PayPal is available. PayPal also allows credit card payments.
- Primary Ball: Onix Dura Fast 40 - Yellow
- Net: Permanent, Temporary
- Outdoor: Y
- Livestreaming: Y
- Prize Money: 75000
Lodging / Accommodations
Book your group rate for the APP Boca Raton Masters (Renaissance - Official Host Hotel)
Book your group rate for the APP Boca Raton Masters (Fairfield)
Book your group rate for the APP Boca Raton Masters (SpringHill Suites)
Book your group rate for the APP Boca Raton Masters (Holiday Inn Boca Raton)
Book your group rate for the APP Boca Raton Masters (Marriott Boca Raton at Boca Center)
Book your group rate for the APP Boca Raton Masters (Marriott Residence Inn Boca Raton)
Other Registration Info
Registration is not complete until you receive an email back from Pickleballtournaments.com indicating that you have met the prior 4 APP tournaments for Pros or the required 2 APP tournaments for Senior Pros. Do not make travel arrangements prior to receiving this email confirmation.
Pro Player and Senior Pro Policies:
This is a Tier 1 Tournament so PLEASE READ THE RULES CLOSELY:
Playing in Pro Brackets:
- The Pros - For the Boca Raton Open you must have played in 4 APP tournaments between Sept. 22, 2020 through the opening of registration on October 16, 2021.
- The Senior Pros - For the Boca Raton Open you must have played in 2 APP tournaments between Sept. 22, 2020 through the opening of registration on October 16, 2021.
You may play in additional tournaments in 2021, Hilton Head Open, Casa Grande Open or the World Pickleball Open tournaments to meet the required tournaments for registration. Once you have the required tournaments you will be confirmed.
Pro Player and Partner Replacement Policy Before Registration Closes:
Players may add a partner or replace a partner at any time prior to registration closing. If the division is closed due to capacity of entries being reached during the open registration dates, the player or team would be put on a wait list.
Pro Player and Partner Replacment Policy After Registration Closes:
Players must have partners and be paid when registrations closes to be considered as a player and team in the tournament. The tournament will not take any new entries for a player replacement or new team entries after registrations have closed. If a team is registered and paid by the registration deadline then a player may replace a partner due to injury, illness, death or any emergency as long as that replacement is already registered in the tournament and is identified by 4pm the day before the draw is to be played. The only time a new registrant would be allowed is if there wasn't an eligible replacement already registered in to the tournament. Changes to pro draws can have significant changes to seedings when a partner is replaced, which is why there is a deadline of 4pm the day before the draw plays as time is required to make the seeding adjustments before the draws are published.
Pro Player or Pro Team Withdrawals Before Registration Closes:
If a pro player or pro team withdraws before registration closes new entries would be taken if there isn't a wait list to be in the draw. If there is a wait list new entries onto the wait list would be taken. If there is a wait list then the next team on the wait list would be pulled in to the draw. There will be no new registrations or entries in to the tournament once registrations have closed.
Pro Player or Pro Team Withdrawal After Registration Closes:
Once registration has closed there will not be any new registrations in to pro events. All players must have partners and be paid when registrations closes or their entry will be withdrawn. No exceptions. If there is a wait list for pro singles we would pull from the pro singles wait list if there is a player that is lost in the draw. If there is an already registered player that would like to add singles due to a draw that would be allowed as well, but has to be added by 4pm the day before the draw is to be played. This is for singles only due to the large amount of drops in singles events. A player must be 5.0 or higher to play pro events. 4.0 and 4.5 may play pro if there is capacity in the draws. Players under 4.0 would not be eligible to play a pro event.
If playing a doubles or mixed doubles event and a team withdraws from a pro draw then the next team on the waitlist would be moved into the draw. If there is no wait list already registered players in the tournament, and not on the waitlist and not playing another event that day could be added to the pro doubles or mixed doubles draw if they meet the eligibility criteria as a pro player, ie 5.0 and above and 4.0/4.5 could enter if there was capacity. Skill level is determined by the USA Pickleball Tournament Player Rating (UTPR)
Note: if there aren't any teams on the waitlist and no eligible registrants wanting into the draw the withdrawal of the team would be made and the seedings adjusted accordingly as a result of the withdrawal
Code of Conduct:
Pro players will be held to the Pro Player Code of Conduct
Playing in Skill/Age Brackets:
- Players who are 5.5 or higher are NOT eligible to play in skill/age events.
- Players may only play in one event per day.
- Players over the age of 50 may play in both under and over 50 brackets provided both of the team members are not 60+.
Skill Player Partner Replacement Policy:
Any registered player losing a partner, after registrations have closed, must replace that partner with an already registered player. The replacement must be in the same skill/age group that you are scheduled to play. Players can play down in age and up in skill. Replacements need to be known and communicated to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm the day before you are scheduled to play. Replacements can be found on the players needing partners list, which can be found on pickleballtournaments.com.
Payment of replacement players:
If registration deadline hasn't passed the player withdrawing from the event would be refunded less $25 withdrawal fee and the player entering the event would need to pay.
If registration deadline has passed then the player withdrawing would not be refunded and would have to be reimbursed by the replacement player.
Events fill based on first come/first serve situation so some brackets may be large and others never fill. If an event doesn’t fill before we start a wait list then we give spots to the events that have a wait list.
Event fees for the APP – APP Masters – Boca Raton:
Registration is $85 (Tier 1) for Athlete Credential and for Sr. Pro / Pro Credential
Event Fee for Athlete is $35; Event Fee for Sr. Pro is $115; Event Fee for Pro is $125
Withdrawals before December 28, 2021 will receive a refund minus a $25 cancellation fee.
CANCELLATION DEADLINE - December 28, 2021
January 5, 2022 - Registration Deadline
No refunds or credits for any reason after the CANCELLATION DEADLINE ABOVE unless the Registration & Weather Insurance Policy has been purchased prior to the CANCELLATION DEADLINE ABOVE.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
APP events are outdoor events. If weather or any other unforeseen circumstance occurs the APP will do all it can to play matches. If brackets are in mid play when a weather or unforeseen circumstance occurs the situation will be evaluated on a case by case basis to determine if the bracket may be finished or if winners may be determined
REGISTRATION & WEATHER INSURANCE POLICY
If you withdraw before CANCELLATION DEADLINE ABOVE, you will be issued a refund minus $25 withdrawal fee without the need to purchase Registration Insurance.
During registration you may choose to purchase the Registration & Weather Insurance in the event you have to cancel out of the event after CANCELLATION DEADLINE ABOVE. See the policy for specific coverage details.
Patch Reef Tennis and PickleballCenter
2000NW 51st St.
Boca Raton, FL
RV Parking -
Del-Raton RV Park & Trailer Sales
4.3(74) · RV park
Delray Beach, FL · (561) 278-4633
Tranquil, family-owned RV park
Breezy Hill RV Resort
3.6(330) · RV park
Pompano Beach, FL · (954) 942-8688
Casual RV resort with a pool & games
Highland Woods RV Resort
3.2(82) · RV park
Pompano Beach, FL · (954) 942-6254
Amateur & Pro Events (see new heading below)
- all players will have the ability to play for the Gold Medal match thru the consolation bracket.
- all players are guaranteed two ( 2 ) matches.
- all matches in the "Main Draw" will be 2 out of 3 games to 11; winning by 2 points; all matches in the "Consolation Draw" will be one game to 15 winning by 2 points. Medal rounds will be 2 out of 3 games to 11 win by 2.
- 4 or 5 team brackets will play a round robin format; 2 out of 3 games to 11, win by 2 points
- 3 or fewer teams will be combined brackets
- 5+ player brackets will play double elimination 2 out of 3 games to 11, win by 2 points.
- 4 player brackets will play a round robin format; 2 out of 3 games to 11, win by 2 points;
- 3 or fewer players will be combined brackets
- All Amateur & Senior Pro events will start and finish the same day
- Thursday Pro Singles, Friday Pro Mixed Doubles & Saturday Pro Gender Doubles Bronze & Gold matches will be played on Sunday
Schedule of Play Sunday APP Medal Match Day
8:00 am - Bronze Singles Women (Championship Court #1)
- Gold Singles Women to follow
8:00 am - Bronze Singles Men (Championship Court #2)
- Gold Singles Men to follow
- Featuring the Men's and Women's Senior Pro Singles matches for the remainder of the day
All the following will be featured on Championship Court #1 in order
- Women's Doubles Bronze
- Men's Doubles Bronze
- Women's Doubles Gold
- Men's Doubles Gold
- Mixed Doubles Bronze
- Mixed Doubles Gold
- 8:00 am - Bronze Singles Women (Championship Court #1)
Looking to support pickleball and VOLUNTEER?
Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org@aol.com
Volunteer Departments: Tournament entrances, stadium entrances, registration, player tents, parking, information, set up & tear down