- Find Player
- Player List
- Competition Events
- Event Player List
- Cancellation Policy
- Pickleball Desk Referee/Volunteer Signup
- Hotel Planner
WARNING: SOME EVENTS ARE FULL. Click "Competition Events" for more information.
- Open: 02/01/22
- Closed: 05/13/22
- Starts: 06/06/22
- Ends: 06/13/22
- Cancellation Deadline: 04/06/22
The Finley Center @ Hoover Met Complex
5508 Stadium Trace Pkwy
Hoover, AL 35244
- Player's age as of: 12/31/22
- Minimum Age of Player: 8
- Final Registration Deadline: 05/13/22
- Membership required as of: 06/14/22
- Tournament Sanctioning: National Qualifier
- Registration, Ages: 19+ - $85.00
- Junior Registration, Ages: Junior Divisions - $20.00
- When registering online, online waiver signature is used.
- Online payment via PayPal is available. PayPal also allows credit card payments.
- Primary Ball: Onix Fuse Indoor Pickleball - Orange
- Surface: Wood Floor
- Net: Temporary
- Livestreaming: Y
- Prize Money: 25000
USA PICKLEBALL INDOOR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
- State of the art 155,000 sq ft sports complex and event venue which will allow for 26 individual courts and 1 Championship Court with stadium seating. Ample room around each court and seating by all courts. Located within the venue is a walking track which offers excellent viewing of pickleball matches anywhere within the facility as well as a rock climbing and adventure zone. When you are not playing pickleball or watching your friends matches, you can also enjoy the Playground and Splash pad located onsite at the Hoover Met Complex. The Hoover Met Complex is located only 15 minutes south of Birmingham and very close to restaurants and shopping. Check out Your Birmingham area guide for more details.
Tournament / Venue:
- 5 days
- 26 Indoor courts and 1 championship court
- 26 portable nets sponsored by Head Pickleball and 1 championship net provided by Douglas
- Chairs available around all courts for viewing. Spaced appropriately
- Separate entrance and exits
- No food or beverages are allowed on the playing surface other than players water bottles.
- Food and drinks may be purchased at the concession stand located within the venue.
- Masks are not required by the State of AL for attending this event.
- Orange, Onix Fuse indoor ball
- Please click on the schedule button which is located on the main page
- Skill/Age (19+ to 55+)
- Age/Skill (60+ & 65+)
- Age Only (70+, 75+, 80+)
- Skill Groups: 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, and 5.0
- Juniors Boys / Girls / Mixed Age-only Groups: 8+, 17+
- Open / Pro: 19+ 4.5+ skill level and up
- Each skill/age and age/skill group will initially have a maximum limit of teams.
- This initial level may be dynamically adjusted up or down in individual brackets by the Tournament Director as registration progresses depending upon the demand for play in any given bracket, the number of daily matches available, and an estimated upper limit of players per day.
- Once the Tournament Director has determined that the tournament is full, no additional entries will be accepted, regardless of the number of registrations in each bracket.
- REGISTRATION IS LIMITED AND WILL CLOSE WHEN FULL!!
- If space allows, teams will be moved off the wait list for the event and CONFIRMED for the event and notified via email.
- Waitlisted only players will not be charged a processing fee if they choose to remain on the waitlist throughout the duration of the tournament.
- Online registration only. No paper forms.
- Entrants must be a USA Pickleball Member.
- Click here to Join USA Pickleball or renew your membership
- Click here to create a profile on Pickleballtournaments.com
- Players may choose to play up in skill or down in age if space is available
- You may only enter one event (Mixed Doubles, etc.) regardless of Senior (65+, age/skill) or Adult (19-60+, skill/age) designation.
- If you register for an Open event, you may not enter an amatuer event (except Singles as there is no Open Singles)
- Tournament director reserves the right to combine skill/age, age/skill groups if needed.
- Registration fee is $85
- Event fee is $35
- Open/Pro event fee is $75
- includes a free tournament t-shirt (a $20 value)
- Juniors Registration fee is $20
- Event fee is $10
- includes a free adult size tournament t-shirt (a $20 value)
- if a junior decides to play in a 19+ adult bracket, they must pay adult registration fee of $80
- Online payment is available through PayPal only.
- You do not have to have a PayPal account to pay online.
- You may also pay through PayPal using your credit or debit card.
- Payments may not be transferred from one player to another.
- A tournament t-shirt will be given to each player on your first check-in day. Please be sure you have ordered the correct style and size.
- If the tournament is delayed, postponed, cancelled, or modified by events outside of the Tournament Directors control, refunds, if any, will be determined by previously incurred tournament costs. There may or may not be a refund.
Partner Change Policy:
- Any registered player losing a partner must replace that partner with an already registered player.
- The replacement must be able to play in the same skill/age group that you are scheduled to play. Please note that when looking for a replacement, players may play down in age and up in skill.
- Replacements need to be known and communicated to Kelly Gent, Registration Manager by 3 pm the day before you are scheduled to play.
- Any request for replacements coming in after 3 pm the day before will be reviewed by the Tournament Director for approval.
- Players in an event that lose a partner will be sent an email with specifics to locate a new partner to keep their spot.
- Replacements can be found on the players needing partners list.
- If a spot opens in the event, the next team will be contacted by email to pay their fees to fill the open spot.
2022 USA Pickleball Nationals at Indian Wells, CA
- All Gold Medalists may qualify for a pre-registration opportunity for the 2022 USA Pickleball Nationals. If brackets are combined, it is the overall winner of the combined bracket that will receive preregistration for the 2022 USA Pickleball Nationals at Indian Wells Tennis Garden.
Head Injury Policy:
ANY PLAYER SUSTAINING A HEAD INJURY WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO RESUME PLAY UNTIL THEY HAVE A HEALTH PROFESSIONAL CLEARANCE. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.
Please contact the appropriate person using the "Contact" button above.
- Registration/Event Desk problems or questions – April Price, Registration Manager
- Referee questions – Referee Coordinator, George McCulley
- Onsite Operations – Onsite Coordinator, Jarick Rager
- Volunteer Coordinator - Suzanne Norris
- Tournament Director, Karen Parrish
Lodging / Accommodations
Click on the Hotel Planner Button for excellent rates on hotels nearby The Finley Center
AVAILABLE AMENITIES At our RV park, we have the following amenities available to our guests: • Power, Sewer, and Water Hook-ups • Wi-Fi Access • Access to Indoor Walking Track and The Finley Center • Close to local restaurants, shopping, and entertainment!
Check-In: 1:00 PM Central
Check-Out: 11:00 AM Central
Please click the link below for RV Park Online reservations
Other Registration Info
* Full refund (less finance charges) if withdraw is completed 60 days (BY 4/6/22) prior to the start of the tournament
* Refund (less a processing fee of up to $25) based on current expenditures if withdraw is completed 30 to 60 (4/7/22 - 5/6/22) days to the start of the tournament
* Waitlisted ONLY players will not be charged a processing fee and may remain on the waitlist throughout the duration of the tournament
* No refunds within 30 days (after 5/7/22) before the start of the tournament.
* There will be no refunds for events that are cancelled due to inclement weather or any other unforeseen event.
** Refunds will be issued after registration closes for those players who have a credit balance. Refunds will be processed as a credit to the original form of payment where possible. Checks will only be issued when electronic forms of payment are not available (i.e. closed accounts or other reasons precluding an electronic transaction). Refunds will be processed after the tournament has ended, by the 30 days following the tournament, for players who did not get off the waitlist.
The Finley Center @ The Hoover Met Complex
5508 Stadium Trace Pkwy
Hoover, AL 35244
USA Pickleball Rules and Guidelines Apply
If an event needs to be combined it will be combined by skill/age or age/skill based on participation.
70+, 75+, 80+ will be age events. Meaning all skill levels from 3.0 - 5.0 will play in their age group. For any lower skill level player over 70+, 75+, 80+ that does not want to be combined by age may choose to play down in age if their 70+, 75+, 80+ age event doesn't make or they want to play with players of like skill.
Double elimination - winners bracket plays 2 out of 3 games to 11 win by 2 and losers side of the bracket plays 1 game to 15 win by 2. Medal rounds will be played 2 out of 3 to 11 win by 2.
Brackets with fewer than six teams will play in a round robin. There is only a round robin. There is no bracket play after the round robin.
Karen Parrish - firstname.lastname@example.org
Jarick Rager / Operations Coordinator
Suzanne Norris / Volunteer Coordinator